This is a bowl that made for extra credit. It's 5 and 1/2 inches wide and 2 and 1/4 inches tall. I glazed it with clear and then painted red stain in stripes over that. This bowl reminds me of a peppermint candy. This to me was a perfect bowl; the width of the walls are all the same from the bottom by the foot to the top of the lip. The foot ring is beautiful. I have very proud of the structure of this bowl. And it's perfect size for eating out of.
This is another bowl that I made for a choice project. It is 2 and 1/2 inches tall and 8 inches wide. I glazed it with the dark teal glaze and I put green and clear glass in the bottom of the bowl. This is a simple bowl, just like the other one, but I added glass to it. This was my first attempt of using glass, and the glaze didn't really fire well with the glass, causing little bubbles around the glass. For the most part it still looks very nice. It will look great on display.
This is another choice project. This bowl is 3 inches tall and 7 inches wide. I glazed it with the black glaze. This is a very simple bowl and glazed. This bowl can be used for everyday use. Most of my projects are more for show than use, but this one with be great to eat some soup out of:)
This is one of my choice projects that did not turn out too well. It's 4 and 1/2 inches tall and 3 and 1/4 inches wide at the widest part. I glazed this with white, I tired to make it thin because I knew that it would run but it still did:( I painted red stain in the long triangles on the outside of the project, which also ran with the white. The triangles on the side add interest to this project.
This is my lidded project. It's 4 inches tall and 4 inches wide. I glazed this clear and painted stain on half of the hearts on the bottom. On the inside I put blue and clear glaze in the bottom. This project has a very different feel on the inside then it does on the outside. This works because you can only see one at a time.
This is my teapot. It's 5 and 3/4 inches tall and 8 inches wide counting the spout and handle. I stained all the added leaves with green and I watered down some of the green to put in the vines and negative leaves. I painted clear glaze over the top of everything. I took a very simple design and made it complex.